Starting Clicker Training: Maria Wood came to visit several years ago and made a video. She was interested to find out what brought Mary to clicker training and how it worked. In it, at about 3 min 40 sec, you will see Mary give Chris his first lesson in how to clicker train a horse.
Amalie and Misty: Amalie is 2 and 1/2 years old when this series of photos were taken. She has been up on Misty’s back before, held by her mother but now she has her own hat and is ready to go riding!
- Amalie and Misty : Groom and tack up
- Amalie and Misty: Flatwork Lesson
- Amalie and Misty go ‘jumping’!
- Amalie and Misty: Sometimes it’s fun just to play together: Amalie at just 3 years old. This video shows Misty learning to play ball – something she has done very little of to date!
- Putting on a bridle
- Saddle up: Nothing spectacular looking but Newby had real issues with the girth and bucked spectacularly for very long periods of time before clicker training. He did NOT stand for the saddle.
- Trailer loading!
- Unloading from the trailer: What goes in must come out – this is the bit that’s often forgotten and can be a problem for many horses.
- Cleaning out feet: Marte does Rua’s feet. This is a first for Marte and she takes it easy as Rua had huge anxiety about lifting his feet when he first came to us.
- Hosing an injury: Newby and I play a game to make this less of a chore and much more fun!
- Getting on board: Mary and Newby
- Pony lines up and Getting on board: 12 year old Leigh and her previously uncatchable pony Bubbles – read their story
- Lunging at liberty: on the beach.
- From lunging to riding: Aoife and Prince demonstrate a beautiful soft balanced trot.
- Lateral work: at liberty on the beach
- Aoife’s video of fun stuff for her BT Young Scientist Project Report
- Bombproof pony